Carnival Corporation’s three largest North American cruise brands and the top cruise retail organizations, travel agencies and agents from across the continent gathered in San Diego, California, last night for the presentation of the World’s Leading Cruise Lines Excellence Awards 2018. Sales and marketing representatives from Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line and Princess Cruises were on hand to celebrate excellence in cruise sales in 12 categories on the national and regional levels as well as sectors of the business such as consortia, franchises and online agencies.
“Travel agents play a most critical role in helping their clients who become our guests choose the right cruise line and even the right ship and itinerary through listening to where they want to go, what types of experiences they want from their vacation and what best resonates with them concerning the many things that help create those experiences,” said Arnold Donald, president and CEO of Carnival Corporation. “I am honored to join our three largest North American cruise brands for the Excellence Awards, which recognize the travel partners who help us exceed our guests’ expectations through their understanding of their clients and through their loyalty, hard work, dedication and creativity.”
The highlight of the gala event — hosted by Charles Sylvia, vice president of trade and membership for Cruise Lines International Association — was the announcement of the recipients of the lines’ top awards. Carnival Cruise Line’s Ted Arison Founder’s Award was presented to Vacations To Go, the Holland America Line Chairman’s Award was conferred on Cruise Planners – An American Express Travel Representative, and AAA National received the Stanley McDonald Founder’s Award from Princess Cruises.
Each brand also presented a President’s Award, with Carnival recognizing World Travel Holdings, Holland America honoring AAA National, and Princess awarding Expedia.
Recipients of the other 10 awards included:
Canada Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Flight Centre Travel Group Canada
- Holland America Line: Cruise Vacations Inc.
- Princess Cruises: TravelBrands
Central Region Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Travel Quest
- Holland America Line: Cruise & Travel Experts
- Princess Cruises: We Make People Happy Vacations
Charter, Meetings & Incentive Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Reach Media & The Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage
- Holland America Line: Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise
- Princess Cruises: LoyaltyOne
Consortia Partner Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Signature Travel Network
- Holland America Line: Ensemble Travel Group
- Princess Cruises: Ensemble Travel Group
Eastern Region Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Inteletravel.com
- Holland America Line: The Cruise Web Inc.
- Princess Cruises: Travel Network
Franchise Agency Network Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Cruise Planners – An American Express Travel Representative
- Holland America Line: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Princess Cruises: Cruise Planners – An American Express Travel Representative
Host Agency Network Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Cruise and Tours Unlimited/OutsideAgents.com
- Holland America Line: Nexion LLC
- Princess Cruises: Nexion LLC
Online Travel Partner Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: We Make People Happy Vacations
- Holland America Line: Vacations To Go
- Princess Cruises: World Travel Holdings
Retail Travel Partner Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Holland America Line: Protravel International
- Princess Cruises: Bursch Travel
Western Region Excellence Award
- Carnival Cruise Line: Affordable Tours
- Holland America Line: Insight Cruises
- Princess Cruises: Zoe’s Cruises & Tours
Image can be downloaded here: https://spaces.hightail.com/
The Excellence Awards were originally conceived and presented by Carnival Cruise Line in 2014 to provide travel partners well-deserved recognition for their brand loyalty, dedication to growth, commitment to innovation and participation in education and training. Holland America Line and Princess Cruises joined Carnival in 2018 to honor and celebrate their travel trade partners.
Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line and Princess Cruises are members of Carnival Corporation’s World’s Leading Cruise Lines family of 10 cruise brands, which also includes AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia, P&O Cruises UK, Seabourn and Cunard, as well as Fathom, the corporation’s immersion and enrichment experience brand.
Additional information can be found on www.carnival.com, www.princess.com, www.hollandamerica.com, www.seabourn.com, www.pocruises.com.au,www.costacruise.com, www.aida.de, www.pocruises.com, www.cunard.com and www.fathom.org.