Lights, Action, Camera!
NewmanPR has worked with numerous production companies of top-tier television productions, helping scout locations, set up interviews, recommend interview subjects and locations, and accompanying crews on shoots. Among notable programs the agency has facilitated are:
- For 15 years CNN has broadcast live on New Year’s Eve from Key West, Florida, featuring the “Big Red Shoe Drop” at the stroke of midnight.
- Three episodes of “Mighty Cruise Ships” for the Discovery Channel aboard Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Vista and Holland America Line’s Koningsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam.
- An episode of “Places to Love” hosted by renowned travel personality, Samantha Brown, featuring the Florida Keys and Key West.
- An episode of “La Gran Sorpresa” produced by Univision for Carnival Corporation aboard Holland America Line’s Oosterdam.
- "Florida Keys: Protecting Paradise," an hourlong television program produced with Crawford Productions exploring Florida Keys sustainability efforts and the people dedicated to protecting the island chain's unique natural environment. The program aired on Discovery Channel, WGN America, Fox Sun Sports and Discover Florida, and was available on phone apps ROKU, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.
- An episode of “Mega Machines – Cruise Ship Declassified” for the Science Channel aboard Carnival Horizon.
In the Event That You Have an Event
NewmanPR has planned, executed and supported the development of hundreds of events over the years. Some of the most notable include:
- Introducing James Beard Award–winner Edouardo Jordan to Holland America Line’s Culinary Council at a dinner at Nordstrom’s Wolf Restaurant in New York.
- Organizing a Keys food event at the prestigious Walnut Hill Cooking College for 24 Philadelphia-area food bloggers and social media influencers who competed in a “Top Chef”–style promotion featuring Keys restaurateur/chef Bobby Stoky and Philadelphia celebrity/Key West restaurateur Pat Croce.
- Launching Holland America Line’s Explorations Central programming and revised logo with an event for 65 journalists at the legendary Explorer’s Club in New York.
- Introducing Kathie Lee Gifford’s GIFFT line of wines on Carnival Cruise Line’s fleet at celebrations in Miami and New York.
- Constructing the “worlds’ largest key lime pie” (according to the World Record Association) at Atlanta’s Lenox Square, one of the Florida Keys’ largest markets. The 8-foot-diameter pie used the juice of 5,760 Key limes, 200 pounds of graham crackers and 55 gallons of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pitching and inviting media on Holland America Line’s “Girls’ Getaway Cruise” with Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King.
- Introducing the new Dive-In burger and hot dog eatery on Holland America Line ships with a Dive-In food truck charity event at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Convention.
Keeping the ‘PR’ in Publishing
Each year NewmanPR produces an eight- to 10-page four-color glossy magazine titled Keys Traveler that is distributed throughout at travel trade shows, media meetings and related events. The magazine features a variety of stories about life in the Florida Keys including updated attractions, accommodations and activities, profiles of local characters and overviews about the island chain. Special editions, including diving and sport-fishing editions, as well as editions in multiple languages for European distribution, also are occasionally produced.
They’re Press Trips, Not Boondoggles
With NewmanPR’s history of doing public relations for cruise line and destination clients, we have extensive experience conceiving, planning and executing successful editorial research trips. Each press trip is unique, depending on the client and coverage goals. The agency works with trip participants ahead of time to set expectations of coverage and content production.
For cruise lines, the purpose varies from introducing a new ship to highlighting an itinerary or shipboard program, or simply exposing media to the brand. We work with clients to identify a target market and then select journalists or social media influencers best suited to reach the desired audience.
For the Florida Keys, press trips are themed to highlight a specific aspect of the destination such as cuisine, the arts or activities such as diving or fishing, and ongoing communications campaigns around sustainability and environmental stewardship.
After all trips we monitor media outlets and social channels to compile coverage reports to show the client the value of the media coverage to demonstrate a return on the investment.
An Image Is Worth a Million Hits
Capturing the essence of a place and sharing it with the public and media via compelling photo imagery is essential to generating and maintaining travelers’ interest in a destination. Whether the photography illustrates a news story or is used to create an online gallery for journalists, NewmanPR has the tools and skills to ensure our clients have high-quality photography suitable for use in all media.
Agency President Andy Newman is an award-winning news photographer whose images are regularly used by the Associated Press, Reuters and Agence France Presse and distributed worldwide.
Of Blogs, Tweets and Posts
NewmanPR curates both public relations and marketing content for Holland America Line through various social media channels and one of the longest-running online publishing sites — Holland America Blog — in the cruise industry.
Holland America Blog functions as a one-stop resource for everything cruisers need to know when planning their vacation including information and links relating to destinations, shore excursions, news, special services and more. With the use of specialized keywords and strategic, consistent social media messaging, we are able to advance Holland America Line’s SEO goals, target their niche audience and significantly increase sales while creating a positive public image for the brand.
In addition to consumer social media, NewmanPR produces all social content for Holland America Line’s travel agent trade channels.
For Costa Cruises North America, NewmanPR creates all content and oversees several social media channels.
NewmanPR has extensive experience with social media monitoring, watching several channels throughout the day and after-hours, answering questions and addressing hot-topic threads. In times of crisis, NewmanPR is activated for 24/7 monitoring.