The World’s Largest Key Lime Pie
NewmanPR supported the Keys’ advertising and sales focus on Atlanta, Georgia, with a public relations promotion featuring the creation of “the world’s largest Key lime pie” at high-traffic Lenox Square.
Upper Keys chef and restaurateur Bobby Stoky headed a team that prepared an 8-foot-diameter pie and served samples to about 2,000 guests, with the effort targeting mainstream and social media coverage. Agency also coordinated outreach to area media outlets — which resulted in Stoky appearing on the local NBC affiliate’s “Atlanta & Co.” program — and a Florida Keys trip giveaway.
Agency produced video, still photography and story packages on the Key lime pie event and moved them out to media the following day, where they generated significant coverage. The video package aired more than 380 times, both nationally and in major U.S. markets, reaching a national audience of more than 5 million and total local-market viewership of nearly 11 million people. Social media was extensive with views for a Facebook video exceeding 94,000 and reaching 175,000. Total media value of the promotion exceeded $1 million.
NewmanPR Case Studies
- Helping the Keys Recover in Hurricane Irma’s Aftermath
- ‘Coffee with Scott’ Virtual Zoom Media Event
- The World’s Largest Key Lime Pie
- Connecting and Protecting the Florida Keys
- Cracking the Mat Release Code
- Canadians Love Key Lime Pie
- FunShip Employee Communications
- Waves of Coverage for the Seatrade Convention
- Explorations Central Branding Launch and Partnerships Event
- Holland America Line — Dive-In Burger